Terms and Conditions
Last updated: September 02, 2021
1. ABOUT THE TERMS
1.1 What is SeySells and who operates it?
- SeySells is a company which provides an online marketplace (“Platform”) where registered licensed vendors (“Vendors”) can offer to sell their products to registered users of Platform.
- The SeySells Apps and the website seysells.com (“Website”) (collectively, “Platform”) are operated by SeySells Limited (“Company”).
- The Company’s role is limited to the managing Platform and associated marketing, facilitating payment collections, order management, enquiry management and other incidental services to enable the transactions between the Vendors and the Users (“Services”).
1.2 When are these Terms applicable and binding on User?
- The Agreement is applicable to any person when they install, download or even merely visit or access any part of the Platform or utilise the Services, such persons are referred to as Users, which include without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, merchants, purchaser or other contributors of content (collectively, “User”).
- The Agreement between User and Company is effective on the date on which the Platform is accessed and/or the date on which terms of Agreement are updated, creating a legally binding arrangement between the User and the Company.
1.3 Whether the terms of this Agreement can be modified?
- Users can review the most current version of the Agreement at any time on the Website. Company reserves the right to unilaterally update, change or replace any part of the Agreement by publishing updates or changes on the Platform and such amended provisions of the Agreement shall be effective immediately upon being posted on the Platform.
- It is the responsibility of the Users to check this page periodically for changes. The Users’ continued use of or access to the Platform following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
1.4 What if the terms of the Agreement are not acceptable to User?
- If the User does not agree with the terms of the Agreement, the User is advised to refrain from using the Platform. By accessing or using the Platform, the user irrevocably accepts the Agreement and agrees to abide by the same (as updated from time to time).
2. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
2.1 Does a User necessarily need to create an account on the Platform?
- Company does not permit Users to avail the Services on the Platform without prior registration. Users may access the Platform by registering to create an account and become a member. The membership is limited for the purpose of buying or selling products, is subject to this Agreement and strictly not transferable.
2.2 For the use of Platform, is a User subject to any eligibility criteria?
- The Services on the Platform shall be availed by User(s) who can form legally binding contracts and are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate the Users account and / or deny access to the Platform if it is brought to the Company’s notice or if it is discovered that the User does not meet the conditions herein. User(s) accessing or using the Platform represent and warrant that they have the right to access or use the Platform.
2.3 Are there any specific requirements for registering an account on Platform?
- The Users are required to enter a valid email address while registering on Platform. They can optionally use their Google or social media account whereby the email associated with that account will be used by the platform. By such registration, User consents to be contacted by Company via emails, SMS notifications, instant messages or other such means of communication inter alia for subscription/services/promotional updates etc. Users may ‘opt-out’ of such subscription/service/promotional updates either through the ‘opt out’ means provided or by writing to the Company.
- For delivery purposed it is the responsibility of the Users to provide correct mobile number so that User can be effectively contacted. The Users understand and agree that if during delivery they cannot be reached because the Users’ mobile number is incorrect or out of data or blocked by the User’s service provider, or the Users are otherwise unable to receive SMS, the Platform shall be deemed to have provided the communication to the Users effectively.
- It is the User’s responsibility to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
2.4 Can User account registered on Platform be suspended or terminated?
- The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account or access to Services (or any part thereof) on the Platform and associated account without notice and the Users will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination, if:
- any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete; and/or
- in Company’s assessment, the User has:
- unreasonable instances of returns and/or cancellations initiated;
- engaged in actions that are fraudulent, negligent or derogatory to the Company’s interests.
- failed or is suspected to have failed to comply with any term or provision of the Agreement or applicable law.
- User is found to be non-compliant with the Agreement.
- Further, where the violation of the Agreement gives rise to criminal or civil action, the Company may at its sole discretion pursue such action.
- Without prejudice to the above stated rights of the Company, in case of alleged fraud or other breach of this Agreement by User, Company may at its sole discretion (a) withhold all amounts payable to such User; and (b) impose penalties as the Company may reasonably determine and set off such penalties from the monies payable by Company to such User.
2.5 What are User obligations vis-à-vis its registered account on Platform?
- Having an account on the Platform gives authenticity to the actions of the User. It means that the User is solely responsible for all activities that occur under its account and that all transactions made by such User is intended for bona fide sale or consumption in the course of their business activities.
- Any and every activity undertaken by a User under his/her account shall be the sole responsibility of such User and the Company shall not be liable for such activity in any manner. Hence it shall be the responsibility of the User to treat the user identification code, password and any other piece of information that is provided by the Company, as part of the security procedures, as confidential and not disclose the same to any person or entity other than the Company.
- User acknowledges and agrees that having an account on Platform does not grant it any rights on Platform not specifically granted to them by the Company, and that the User has no ownership or other interest in the account. The User understands that all rights in and to the account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of the Company.
- On registration, the Users may receive a password protected account and an identification. The Users agree to:
- maintain the confidentiality of their password, if applicable;
- take full responsibility for all activities by Users accessing the Platform through their account;
- immediately notify the Company of any unauthorised use of their account or any other breach of security that they become aware of; and
- ensure that they exit from their account at the end of each session.
3. PLACING ORDERS AND FINANCIAL TERMS
3.1 How does order placement work on the Platform?
- The Platform allows Users to place orders for the products listed by Vendors on Platform, subject to Agreement herein, facilitates the placement of orders for the products by the Users.
- On receipt of an order from a User, Platform shall send electronically a confirmation of such order to Vendor and the User concerned.
- The Company does not own, sell or resell any products on its own and/or does not control the Vendors and only facilitates the transaction between Users and Vendors as a ‘marketplace’. Company makes all reasonable efforts to promptly update the Users account and other information in order to assist facilitate the transaction completion. Hence, Users are required to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at on the Platform.
- Additionally, fulfilment of orders to their end users/consumers by Vendors shall be the responsibility of the Vendors. Any add-on service provided by Platform towards such order shall be provided merely as a service provider of such Vendors by the Platform and accordingly, Platform shall not have any privity of contract with such end user/consumer.
3.2 How are the commercial terms fixed on Platform?
- All commercial/contractual terms of sale are offered by Vendors and agreed to between Vendors and the Users alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation, price, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products, etc. Company does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Vendors and the Users. All discounts and offers are by the Vendors and not by the Company.
- Similarly in case of deliveries effected by Vendors using the Platform, the Platform only acts as a service provider for the Vendors facilitating delivery or other service related to an order. Company does not have any control nor does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between Vendors and its end user/consumer.
- Policies related to returns/ exchanges, penalties, refunds, cancellation will be updated in the Platform from time to time. The Company holds the right to change these policies as required in the Platform without any permission from the Users.
3.3 How does payment and settlement of payment work on the Platform?
- The Users acknowledge and agree that the Company, on behalf of the Vendors, act as the payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments. The Users understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by the Company is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing a third-party payment processor (CyberSource) for the transactions on the Platform. Further, by providing payment facility, the Company is neither acting as a trustee nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price. The Company is therefore liable for bank charges by third payment processor in relation to payment of the total amount.
- In connection with any order, information such as name, billing address, delivery address and credit card information need to be provided either to the Platform.
- Company merely collects the payment on behalf of the Vendors, as the case may be. All applicable taxes and levies, the rates thereof and the manner of applicability of such taxes are to be charged and determined by the Vendors. Company holds no responsibility for the legal correctness/validity of the levy of such taxes. The sole liability with respect to any legal issue arising on the taxes payable shall be with the Vendors.
- The transaction is bilateral between Vendors & Users and/or Vendors & end users/consumers (“User Transactions”), the Company is not liable to charge or deposit any taxes applicable on such transaction.
- All transactions is settled in Seychelles Rupees (SCR). Company do not receive foreign exchange, all foreign is handled by Absa Bank (Seychelles) Limited. and Company receives the equivalent in Seychelles Rupees.
3.4 Whether Company charges User(s) for Services provided by Company on the Platform?
- Services on Platform may require payment of charges, rate of which shall be solely at the discretion of the Company and shall be subject to User approval at the time of placing an order on the Platform. Company reserves the right to revise charges towards Service at any time at its sole discretion. The charge, applicable at any given time, will be the charge displayed at the time of purchase/booking of the respective Service (if any) by User on the Platform.
- Company reserves the right to introduce additional chargeable services on the Platform including charges for a premium return service, cancellation charges, cash on delivery handling fees etc.
3.5 Whether for transacting on Platform, User is required to be registered under the Central or State Goods and Services Tax Legislations (“VAT Laws”)?
- Company is not obligated towards any direct or indirect tax obligation of the User that may arise as a result of User’s access or use of Services on the Platform. The requirement for registration and compliances under the tax laws is the sole responsibility of the User including Vendors, the Company is not liable for any omissions or commissions by such User who acts in violation of the any applicable law. Accordingly, User is advised to seek independent tax advice relating to its business and/or transaction through Platform including whether it is liable for VAT registration.
4. USE OF THE PLATFORM
4.1 Can User access and use the Platform at any time or could there be any limitations?
- Company endeavours to make the Platform available 24X7. However, the Company does not represent that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted, timely, error free or that such defects will be corrected.
- Users understand and acknowledge that the use of Platform requires internet connectivity and telecommunication links. Users shall bear the costs incurred to access and use the Platform and avail Services, and Company shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, be responsible or liable for such costs.
- Company does not warrant that Platform will be compatible with all hardware and software which is used by Users.
- Platform may be under constant upgrades, and some functions and features may not be fully operational. Platform is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Company expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied with respect to the records and other data that is made available by it to Users.
- Users shall be solely responsible for damages to their data system or for loss of data arising from download of content from Platform. No guidance or information, written or oral, obtained from Company or via Platform, shall constitute any warranty, unless stated otherwise.
4.2 Does the Company guarantee performance of the agreement or other arrangements inter se between User(s) or otherwise in respect of products on Platform?
- Company, through Platform, is a mere facilitator of the transaction including between Vendor and User and is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into towards User Transactions.
- The Company does not represent any of User or Vendor, and disclaims any liability with respect to any error or inconsistency with respect to any information relating to such Vendor or User displayed on the Platform.
- The Company does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its Users. Company shall not be liable for any misuse of information shared by Users with it; or through the Users profile; or with a third party on the Platform, chat rooms, forums, or comments.
- Users acknowledge and agree that the Company is not an arbitrator or judge of disputes concerning intellectual property and it cannot, by any means, verify that any Vendors selling merchandise on/through the Platform have the right to sell the products. Company encourages Users to assist it in identifying listings on the Platform, which, according to the Users’ knowledge or belief infringe their rights or third-party rights.
- Company does not at any point of time during any transaction between any Vendor and a User take possession of any product offered nor does it at any point gain title to or have any rights or claims over such products. At no time shall the Company hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall the Company have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between the Users. Company is not responsible for damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
4.3 Whether the use of Platform (a) is restricted in any manner; and (b) requires any generic compliances from User?
- User should not use the Platform to host, display, upload, download, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, slanderous, criminally inciting or invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Platform or to the profiles, blogs, communities, account information, or other areas of the Platform or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- interferes with another User’s use and enjoyment of the Platform or any third-party users enjoyment of similar services;
- refers to any website or URL that, in our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the Platform or any other website, contains content that would be prohibited or violates the spirit of these Terms;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; and
- directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trades or attempts to trade in any item, dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- When accessing or using the Platform or availing the Services, the User has to comply and ensure the following:
- All registration information submitted by User is truthful, lawful and accurate;
- User’s use of the Platform/Platform shall be solely for their use and they shall not authorize others to use the account;
- User does not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any information that: (i) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking or constitute an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (ii) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (iii) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (iv) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- All necessary licenses, consents, permissions and rights are owned by Users and there is no need for any payment or permission or authorization required from any other party or entity to use, distribute or otherwise exploit in all manners permitted by the Agreement, all trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and / or other proprietary rights contained in any content that Users submit, post, upload, distribute or otherwise transmit or make available;
- User will not use Platform in any way that is unlawful, or harms the Company or any other person or entity;
- User will not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the Platform or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of Platform;
- User will not use another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph or impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
- User will not or attempt to delete or modify any content of Platform, including but not limited to, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos;
- User will not post or contribute any information or data that may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political or contrary to our interest;
- User shall not access Platform without authority or use Platform in a manner that damages, interferes or disrupts, any part of Platform or any equipment or any network on which Platform is stored or any equipment of any third party;
- User shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Platform, or any other systems or networks connected to the Platform by any means. User shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of Platform nor breach the security or authentication measures on Platform or any network connected to Platform.
- User agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Platform or any transaction being conducted on Platform, or with any other person’s use of Platform. User may not use Platform or any of its content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
- User shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable law, as amended from time to time, including that of (i) the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules thereunder; (ii) all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable exchange control laws or regulations in force); and (iii) international laws, foreign exchange laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations (including, but not limited to Direct and Indirect Taxes applicable as per current statue in the country) regarding the use of the Platform and listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or Services. User shall not engage in any transaction which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- In order to allow Company to use the information supplied by the Users, without violating any rights or any laws, Users agree to grant Company a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights or any other rights. Company will only use the information in accordance with this Agreement, applicable to use of Platform and for provision of Services.
- Company shall at times and at their sole discretion reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password if any User has failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement. Company shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to User’s involvement/participation in any way either on their own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in hacking.
5. ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION ON PLATFORM
5.1 What is the accuracy and completeness of all information displayed on the Platform?
- Company takes all endeavours to the best of its efforts to keep information on the Platform accurate. However, the material and content on the Platform is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or timely sources of information. Reference to paragraph 5.2 below, User will agree that a majority of content including products displayed on Platform are provided by the respective Vendors, who shall at all times be responsible for provision of information related to such products listed by them. Apart from reasonable checks to ensure general hygiene of Platform, Company does not exercise any control over such content or information.
- Company undertakes no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Platform, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. Company does not own any responsibility or obligation whatsoever towards either ensuring the accuracy of the information provided by the Users. Any reliance on the material on Platform is at the Users’ own risk.
- Platform may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. The Company reserves the right to modify the contents of Platform at any time, but has no obligation to update any information on Platform. User is solely responsible to monitor changes to the information on Platform. No specified update or refresh date applied to Platform, should be taken to indicate that all information on Platform or pertaining to the Services have been modified or updated.
- Occasionally there may be information on Platform that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to information pertaining to the products, pricing, promotions, offers, shipping charges, transit times and availability. Company reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information if any information on Platform is inaccurate at any time without prior notice.
- The Information is provided ‘as is’ with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of the Information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall to any extent substitute for the independent investigations and the sound technical and business judgment of User.
5.2 Is information related to products on Platform provided by the Company?
- Not all information on the Platform is provided by Company. Vendors provide information relating to the products proposed to be sold by them and are hence responsible for the same. In this connection, Vendors undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. Vendors are discouraged from and should not exaggerate or overemphasise the attributes of such products so as to mislead Users in any manner.
- Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the materials posted on Platform. Company, however, has the right to remove or edit any content that in its sole discretion violates, or is alleged to violate, any applicable law or either the spirit of these Terms. In no event shall Company assume any responsibility or liability for any content posted or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from use of content and/or appearance of content on Platform.
- Vendors take sole responsibility for the correctness of the details pertaining to specifics (such as quality, value, saleability, etc.) of the products proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased on Platform. Company does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products nor provide any warrantee/guarantee of the products sold to Users, and in no event shall such products be the responsibility of Company. Company does not represent or warrant that the information available on Platform will be correct, accurate or otherwise reliable.
- Company is not responsible for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or outdated information made available on the Platform, either provided by any User including Vendors.
6. USER INFORMATION AND THRID PARTY TOOLS/LINKS
6.1 What information is collected from the User? How does Company deal with the information provided to it by a User while using Platform?
- Company collects various types of information, some information is non-personal information and some is personal information.
- All information about Users that are collected, stored or transmitted in any way on Platform is processed for facilitating various operations on Platform, including registration, order placement, listing, or payments.
6.2 Does the Company use Third Party tools on Platform?
- The Company may provide User with access to third-party tools over the Platform which Company neither monitors nor has any control nor input. User acknowledges and agrees that access to such tools is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement by Company. Company shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by the User of the optional tools offered through the Platform/Platform is entirely at its own risk and discretion and it is the responsibility of User that it ensures that it is familiar with and approves the terms on which such tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- The Company may from time to time, offer new features through Platform which may include the use new third-party tools and resources. Such new features shall also be subject to this Agreement. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party tools or third-party websites should be directed to the third-party.
6.3 Does Company use third party links or third-party tools on Platform? Are these links and tools accurate and secure?
- Certain content or products available via the Platform may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on the Platform/Platform may direct User to third-party websites that are not affiliated with the Company. The Company is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- Company is not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites regardless of the existence of any third-party link on Platform. Please review carefully such third-party’s policies and practices and make sure to understand them before engaging in any transactions.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) AND IP INFRINGEMENT
7.1 Can User use the content published on Platform such as “SeySells” mark when doing business with other parties?
- Users may not use any trademark, service mark or logo of any independent third parties without prior written approval from such parties.
- “SeySells” and related icons and logos whether registered or unregistered are the trademarks of the Company and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary and intellectual property laws. Users’ unauthorized adoption copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
- Users must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials printed or downloaded in any way, and they must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Users must not use any part of the materials on Platform for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Company. All rights, not otherwise claimed under this Agreement by Company are hereby reserved.
- User understands that Platform and software embodied within Platform may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Company or other parties that facilitate the same. User agrees that it will not attempt to override, disable, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any such security components and usage rules embedded in the Platform.
7.2 How does the Company deal with IP infringement?
- Any trademark, word mark or intellectual property of any User(s) or Vendor(s) belongs to such User(s)/Vendor(s) alone, and Company has no right or claim over the same.
- Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any material/content/photos/offers displayed on the Platform which in Company’s reasonable belief is unlawful or could subject Company to liability or is in violation of this Agreement or is otherwise found inappropriate in the Company’s opinion. Company reserves the right to cooperate with any investigation in this regard.
- Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account of a User as deemed appropriate by it. Users agree that the Company shall have no liability to any Users, including liability in respect of consequential or any other damages, in the event Company takes any of the actions pursuant to allegations of IP infringement.
- Users acknowledge and agree that Company is not an arbitrator or judge of disputes concerning intellectual property and it cannot, by any means, verify that any Vendor selling merchandise on the Platform have the right to sell the products. Company encourages Users to assist it in identifying listings on the Platform, which, according to Users’ knowledge or belief infringe their rights or third-party rights.
- The delisting of product from Platform is to safeguard Company’s interest, by taking down a listing, Company does not and cannot be deemed to be endorsing a claim of infringement and further in those instances in which Company declines to take down a listing, Company does not and cannot be deemed to be endorsing that the listing is not infringing of third-party rights or endorsing any sale of merchandise or services pursuant to or on account of such listing.
- We request you to review the Intellectual Property Policy available on the Platform for more information.
8. DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITIES
8.1 What are the standard disclaimers in relation to the Platform and the Services?
- Company, in no event, is or will be liable to User including the Vendors or anyone claiming through a User in respect of product or other User Transaction under contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, loss of goodwill, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated profits, whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable or whether or not Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or based on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty or negligence or any other claim arising out of or in connection with the use of or access of Platform.
- Company shall not be liable for: any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation any financial losses, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, arising from the use of Platform, or for any other claim related in any way to the use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Platform/Platform or any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Platform/Platform, even if advised of their possibility.
- Users shall be solely responsible for damages, if any, to their data system or for loss of data arising from download of content from Platform. No guidance or information, written or oral, obtained from Company or via the Platform, shall constitute any warranty, unless stated otherwise.
8.2 What happens to User order in case of a lockdown or other force majeure event?
- Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of force majeure or other similar circumstances, directly or indirectly affecting Company and/or the Platform. Examples of force majeure events include without limitation real or potential labour disputes, governmental actions, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil unrest, demonstrations, fire, storm, flooding, explosion, earthquake, epidemic or pandemic, provisions or limitations of materials or resources, inability to obtain the relevant authorization, accident, and defect in electricity or telecommunication network.
- Force majeure or other events beyond the Company’s control, hindrance, delay or complication in the maintenance of the Platform entitles the Company to suspend or limit the Platform until further notice.
8.3 Under what circumstances may User be liable for any damages to Company?
- User shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, vendors, interns and employees, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, suits, proceedings, penalties, interests, damages, demands, costs, and expenses (including legal and statutory fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by Company that arise out of, result from, or in connection with:
- User’s breach of this Agreement;
- any claims made by any third party due to, or arising out of, or in connection with User’s use of Platform including by end users/consumers of Vendors(s);
- the User’s violation of any rights of another, including intellectual property rights; and
- the User’s violation of any applicable laws.
9.1 How to contact Company in case of any queries regarding this Agreement or grievances relating to Platform?
- All queries, concerns or questions about the Agreement should be sent to Company at [email protected]. Any complaints or concerns with regard to the Platform or any breach of this Agreement can be directed to the designated Grievance Officer in writing at the following address: Room 206, Block B, Unity House, Victoria, Mahe.
9.2 How will the Company contact User?
- All notices or demands to or upon a User(s) shall be effective if either delivered personally, sent by courier, certified mail or email to the last-known correspondence or email address provided by User(s) on the Platform, or by posting such notice or demand on an area of the Platform that is publicly accessible.
- Notice to a User(s) shall be deemed to be received by such User(s) if and either when sent to User at the address, email or other communication details provided by such User at the time of registration, whether in physical or electronic form, has been sent to such User(s), or immediately upon publishing of such notice on an area of the Platform that is publicly accessible.
9.3 In case of a call from a person asking for access to User account registered with Company, what should User do?
- Company urges the users to beware of fake offers and fraudulent callers/messengers who may impersonate themselves as representatives of the Company. The Company’s authorised representatives will never contact the Users to demand money for prizes or ask for password/PIN/CVV. In the event you are asked for confidential details by anyone posing as the Company’s representatives, please ask them to communicate with you through email and only respond to emails from seysells.com domain.
9.4 Can User disclose its communication through calls with the Company to third parties?
- All calls to the Company are completely confidential. However, the Users’ calls may be recorded to ensure quality of service. Further, for training purpose and to ensure excellent customer service, calls from the Company may be monitored and recorded.
10. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO AGREEMENT
10.1 This Agreement is governed by the laws of Seychelles. Any action, suit, or other legal proceeding, which is commenced to resolve any matter arising under or relating to this Agreement or the Platform shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Seychelles.
10.2 Company shall have the right to assign its obligations and duties in this Agreement to any person or entity.
10.3 The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
10.4 Platform is controlled and operated from Seychelles and Company makes no representation that the content, information or materials made available herein are appropriate or will be available for use in other locations. Access and use of this Platform from outside of Seychelles is entirely at User’s sole risk and User agrees and undertakes to be responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws and agrees to release, discharge and absolve Company from any liability or loss in this respect.
10.5 Company reserves the right to introduce and initiate new features, functionalities and components to Platform and/or change, alter, modify, suspend, discontinue or remove the existing ones without any prior notice to you. Further, Company is entitled to discontinue (either permanently or temporarily) one or more of the Services provided or terminate the Platform or charge for Service which were early free of cost, without any prior notice to User.